Dear Kate: How Do I Get My Friends To Stop Asking When We’ll Get Married?
My boyfriend and I have been together for 7 years. How do I get my friends to quit asking when I will get married?
I get it. Why don’t you answer them with one of the following responses next time they ask:
- “We are waiting until we get our security clearance with the White House.”
- “We’re looking for a new reception spot because Wynona and Naomi Judd won’t answer our calls.”
- “Bobby is having Leonardo DiCaprio find him a conflict free diamond.”
- “We’re waiting for the blowout sale at Zales.”
- “I am waiting for my psychic to tell me if my numbers are right.”
- We still need to do the paperwork so we can find out if we are related.”
- He’s still got to get a divorce from his last wife.”
- “I am still thinking I might have a shot with Ricky Schroeder.”
- “When I’m guaranteed an episode of David Tutera’s My Fair Wedding.“
- “We are afraid if we get married we might end up miserable like you guys.”
That should give you some breathing room.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.