I’ve read through the Vanity Fair article on Tom Cruise’s covert operation to find a robo-wife. Here are the extra details and some additional thoughts:
- Cruise had problems in his relationships with Nicole Kidman and Penelope Cruz because of his weird relationship with the head of the Church. Once they began to express their concerns about David Miscavige (the Chief of the Cult) Tom started to freak. The fact that they would not totally renounce their beliefs in Catholicism and Buddhism also put the nail in the coffin.
Additional thoughts: They were technically women, so there’s that too.
- Cruise’s auditing sessions were all taped. They kept hidden cameras behind mirrors, picture frames, and alarm clocks. Later, at night with a whiskey glass in hand. Miscavige would read out loud those transcripts and laugh hysterically.
Additional thoughts: Why weren’t we invited? I would have brought cheese puffs or at the very least some hummus and chips.
- After Tom was unable to entice actresses including Scarlett Johannson and Jennifer Garner the Church went into game plan B – find a Scientology actress.
Additional information (and not included in article): Tom became obsessed with Jennifer Garner who at the time was beginning a relationship with Ben Affleck. He called her constantly and sent gifts to her home 24/7. She had to call him and tell him to basically leave her alone.
Additional thoughts: Normal dudes play it cool. I don’t think Tom Cruise knows how normal dudes operate. Way to play it cool, weirdo. When you have your staff find out she mentioned she likes a tiger in an interview years ago and then you commission a large scale oil painting of that tiger you are bordering yourself on complete psycho.
- Naz (the pre-robo-bride) was told she was taking part in a special Scientology project/mission. There was a 3 month long preparation process which included dying her hair, getting a new wardrobe, extensive auditing, and writing a 20 page single spaced essay on what she wanted and needed in life. The paper was then sent for approval. In it she mentioned her perfect date was eating sushi and going ice-skating. She was asked to sign the first of two confidentiality agreements. She did so and then was flown to New York. She went to the Sci building in NYC and was left in a hallway with Cruise who basically acted like he just happened to run into the minder standing with her. Her minder turned to her and said, “This is Mr. Cruise. Don’t let him down.” She realized then it was a set-up. An arranged marriage of sorts.
Additional thoughts: What sort of special mission did she think she was on? Intergalactic knife fight for salvation? Why would you agree to writing a 20 page paper on your hopes and dreams? After page 2 wouldn’t you run out of ideas?
- First date was to….sushi and then to ice skate…. SHOCKER… But with a team of Scientology minders with them. They spent the first night together but did not have sex (now there is a surprise). For the first three weeks of their courting she remained isolated. No communication with her family and friends. Then he wanted to do full court press on their romance. Brought her to War of the Worlds movie set and made sure she hugged and groped him for everyone to see. Complained she would not show him enough attention. The only place they were ever alone was the bedroom.
Additional thoughts: And I doubt much happened in there.
- After the first month and she wanted some more of his attention and voiced some of her needs he began to get frustrated. Tom had his hair stylist come in and fix her hair. Then he has her file down her incisor teeth. Bad for the image, I suppose.
Additional thoughts: So it’s not okay to have sharp teeth but okay to wear lifts in your shoes?
- She began to realize her sole role was to keep him happy and to let him know how much money he was bringing in for the church, how many people had joined because of him, and how much he was doing to save the planet.
Additional thoughts: He thinks he is Jesus. He really thinks he is the second coming.
- Cruise made his staff tell Boniadi it was over. She was then sent to the Scientology Flag building in Clearwater, Fla. And when she finally broke down in tears to a “friend” about her ordeal with Cruise, she was allegedly punished by Scientology officials, who made her scrub toilets with a toothbrush, clean bathroom tiles with acid and dig ditches in the middle of the night. She was later sent out to hawk Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard’s “Dianetics” on street corners. The closest anyone came to explaining why Cruise had broken it off was when they allegedly told her, “Naz, you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink water.”
Additional thoughts: If you are digging ditches as part of some sort of break up punishment it probably says less about you and more about the a-hole who has been pretending to be interested in you. The minute someone handed me a bottle of acid and a scrub brush I would have been out. Sorry, peeps. Tell Xenu that I will check him later. I gotsta go.
Author comments are in a darker gray color for you to easily identify the posts author in the comments